CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

You Know You're a Mainer If:


  • your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
  • you have 1 month, after the snow melts, to do all your outdoor projects before the black flies hatch.
  • you measure distance in hours.
  • you know several people who have hit a moose more than once.
  • you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
  • you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
  • griving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
  • your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new shed.
  • it's warmed up to 40*, so you can drive with the windows down.
  • you have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
  • you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked.
  • one week after the snow melts, the neighbors set up their pools.
  • you think landscaping is a statue of a deer or a black silhouette of a bear in your front yard.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Too funny!
Maine's one of my favorite states. Now I feel like I can fit in with the locals.

I am a TT-er...My 2nd post. I made this one a Patriotic one...next week I will have to do a funny one to lighten the mood.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Very cute list! I loved the one about the frost on the 4th of July. *LOL*

Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes. I SURE hope that my baby doesn't come 2 months early. We won't have anywhere to put her. *LOL*!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, those were fun. I visited Maine once in September, and it really was gorgeous and not too cold that day. :)

Carol said...

K'brrrrr!!!!

There has to be a happy medium between up your way and down here in Texas.

Forgetfulone said...

That was wonderful! Cute and funny.

Anonymous said...

Most of these work for Montana too.

Di said...

I'm from central New York, so some of this sounds really familiar! Makes me appreciate temperate North Carolina much more!

Bubba said...

Having grown up in northern NY, I wore a snowmobile suit under my costume every Halloween. Too funny!

Great list...and Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.

Soul Pockets said...

Maine sounds like where I am from, Michigan. I have always wanted to go to Maine, I think I will fit right in.

Robin said...

We spent some time up at Moosehead Lake a few years ago. Boy was it beautiful up there. Thankfully we just saw the moose, not hit him.

Eve said...

Maisie - thank you for stopping by to visit me. I love comments.

Great list, but I think this applies to Idahoans. I remember many a 4th of July that started with snowfall.

Teena in Toronto said...

I grew up in Nova Scotia so they sound very familiar! Ha!

Thanks for visiting mine :)

Di said...

Very funny! Are y'all really like that in Maine? I'm born and bred in So Calif so all of that is really foreign to me.

Jen said...

Hilarious! Love it!

A happy heart at home said...

Funny! I'm not a Maine native, but I live here now, so I can relate, especially measuring distance in hours. They were doing road construction right outside my house today.

~Susan