CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

13 Things at the Maine Lobster Festival

  • Coronation of the 2008 Maine Sea Goddess
  • 20,000 pounds of lobster prepared in a huge steamer on the shore
  • The Lobster Crate Race
  • Maine Lobster Festival Seafood Cooking Contest.
  • The Arts and Craft Tent
  • Displays in the Marine Tent
  • The Big Parade 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 2nd
  • The 10K road race Sunday morning, August 3rd or the Kid's 1 mile Fun Run before
  • The bands through out the festival grounds
  • Lobster Eating Contest (for kids)
  • The Cod Fish Carry (for kids)
  • The Diaper Derby (for kids)
  • The Costume Parade (for kids)




14 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Those poor rascals look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Lobster festival? Oh, what a dream that would be. Lobster might just be my favorite food in the whole world, and Maine lobster is the best lobster. Dang, I wish I could go to that festival!! Just the thought makes me want to run to the kitchen and start melting butter!

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I were there. So glad I stopped by to see this.

happyathome said...

That looks like so much fun! Would love to be there, wish it was just a couple of weeks later!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Looks like a great time!

Great List!
Happy T13

SJ Reidhead said...

I was reading something today that it was no longer safe to eat lobster caught off the South Carolina coast.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

marcia@joyismygoal said...

oh what fun how many did you eat

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Kim

Hootin Anni said...

I bet the diaper derby is just too cute for words.
LOVE the last photo...that's adorable.

Happy T-13...hope your day treats you well. Come on by if you can find time, this week Jefé's back with her Thursday Humor...........

Tricia said...

Great 13! Of course, now I want to come to Maine for lobster, but I will forgive you.

~RaenWa~ said...

MMM lobster that looks like it would be something fun to do Happy TT

Anonymous said...

mmmm i looove lobster, i would be so in at a festival!! happy TT!

Gina lee said...

Wow..I'm so craving for lobsters now.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I missed this last week, but that is one festival I know I would absolutely enjoy!